Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
SARR 37th Annual Turkey Trot 4 Miler
Thursday, November 22, 2012, 8:15 AM
H•E•B and the San Antonio RoadRunners
Present the 37th Annual Turkey Trot 4 Miler
Bring the family and start your Thanksgiving Day by getting your heart pumping!
- A portion of the proceeds will benefit the SARR Scholarship Fund.
- Bring a new unwrapped toy or baby item for SAMM Ministries.
- Accepting donations in the form of check only to SAMM Ministries
- Free parking at Blossom Athletic Center and free shuttle bus transportation to/from event between 6:30 AM to Noon. Leave the driving to us! Blossom Athletic Center is at the intersection of Jones-Maltsberger and Starcrest.
- 80 Free Smoked Turkeys!!! Will be given away by drawing from registered 4 Mile Run/Walk participants.
- Ribbons for all registered children participating.
- Redesigned, runner friendly course! And staggered start for walkers and runners.
- Water on course. Water and fresh fruit at finish.
- Awards to the Overall Male and Overall Female.
- Long sleeved commemorative T-shirts will be sold on race day for $15.
- Medical aid available.
- 8:15 AM - Childrens Runs (60 yard dash, 1/4 mile run and 1/2 mile run)
- 9:00 AM - 4 Mile Fun Run
- Pre-register by mailing entry form to address on form. Mailed entries must be postmarked by 17 November 2012
- Entry forms can also be dropped off at any Soler's Sports location, Fleet Feet San Antonio, Run Wild Sports or RunOn! San Antonio by Nov. 20th.
- Pre-register ON-LINE at Active.com for $8/SARR members & Military; $10/others and Children’s Runs - $1 per child After Nov 9, $10 for ALL.
- ONE DAY ONLY pre-registration WEDNESDAY, NOV 21, 2012 from NOON to 7 pm at Soler’s Sports at 2589 Jackson Keller Rd, SAT 78230, (210 366 3701). Cash/check only. Shirts will be sold at Soler’s Sports at Pre-registration.
- Race day registration is $15 for ALL!